Where to go for help

May 30, 2009 

If you suspect a child is being abused, call the state Office of Children's Services, 800-478-4444, or police at 786-8900.

Parents looking for help or guidance can call 800-643-5437.

Alaska Cares, an outpatient clinic and children's advocacy center, lists resources on its Web site: www.providence.org/alaska/tchap/cares/default.htm.

For more on the Family Wellness Warriors Initiative, call 729-5440 or check its Web site at www.fwwi.org.

Anchorage Daily News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service