A few highlights of lift ticket prices and other information from local ski areas:
• Lift Tickets: Adults pay $55 and high-schoolers $40 for a full day on a rechargable $5 cards. Check the website for partial-day and a variety of other ticket prices.
• 10-Day Passes: $450, or $400 for mid-week.
• Alyeska Superpipe: Closed for now. Once it opens, Chair 7 will stay open for night skiing to give boarders and skiers access to both the terrain parks and super pipe, which will be open until 9 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
• Winter Lift Hours: All day, 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; half-day, 1 p.m.-5:30 p.m.; half-day plus night, 1-9 p.m.; late day, 4-5:30 p.m.; night, 4-9 p.m.; last night, 7:30-9 p.m.; spring (starting April 1), 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Lift Closures: Chair 1 at 8:30 p.m.; Tram and Chair 7 at 8:40 p.m.; Bear Cub Quad at 9 p.m.
• Website: alyeskaresort.com
• Lift Tickets: Skiers who aren’t members of Anchorage Ski Club, which runs Arctic Valley, pay $32 for a full-day adult pass; $26 for students, seniors and active military; free for kids under 8 and seniors at least 70. Club members pay $19 for adults, $15 for students, seniors and active military.
• Anchorage Ski Club Membership: Basic membership to the Anchorage Ski Club costs $99 and the so-called “Uber” membership that includes season passes is $299 for a single and $549 for a family. Skiers who travel throughout the state can benefit from half-price tickets at Eaglecrest in Juneau and Moose Mountain in Fairbanks, too.
• Punch Cards: Members pay $54 for 3-punch card; $171 for 10-punch card. Nonmembers only card option is a 10-punch card for $299.
• Hours: Weekends only, with lifts opening 10:30 a.m. Saturd
ay and 11 a.m. Sunday. Close one hour before twilight. Half days start 2-3 hours before closing.
• Website: skiarctic.net
• Lift Tickets: Full day $30 for adults; $28 for students; $16 for children; family of four $98. Half day is $26.
• Season Passes: Adults $550, students $525.
• Hours: Monday-Thursday, 3-8 p.m.; Friday 3-9 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Website: hilltopskiarea.org