The Iditarod Trail Sled Dog race officially ended early Monday with the arrival in Nome of the final musher, rookie Jan Steves.
The 55-year-old from Edmonds, Wash., crossed the finish line at 2:57 a.m. to take the Red Lantern award.
Other honors were announced Sunday night at the finishers' banquet in Nome:
• Pen Air Spirit of Alaska Award -- Aliy Zirkle
• GCI Dorothy G. Page Halfway Award -- Jim Lanier
• Wells Fargo Bank Alaska Gold Coast Award -- Aliy Zirkle
• Nome Kennel Club Fastest Time from Safety to Nome Award -- Mike Williams, Jr.
• Horizon Lines Most Improved Musher Award -- Rohn Buser
• Jerry Austin Rookie of the Year -- Brent Sass
• Fred Meyer Sportsmanship Award -- Lance Mackey
• ExxonMobil Mushers Choice Award -- Dan Seavey
• Northern Air Cargo Herbie Nayokpuk Memorial Award -- Michelle Phillips
• Golden Clipboard Award -- Community of Nulato
• Golden Stethoscope Award -- Ruth Kothe, DVM and Tanja Kruse, DVM
• Alaska Airlines Leonhard Seppala Humanitarian Award -- DeeDee Jonrowe
• City of Nome Lolly Medley Golden Harness Award Winner -- Guinness - Dallas Seavey Lead Dog
• Northern Air Cargo Four Wheeler Drawing Winner -- Peter Kaiser
Sixty-six teams began the race on March 4 and 53 made it to Nome.