• Miners 3, Oilers 0
• Everett at Goldpanners (non-league), late
• Miners at Pilots, 7 p.m., Mulcahy Stadium
• Oilers at Chinooks, 7 p.m., Loretta French Field
• Everett at Goldpanners (non-league), 7 p.m., Growden Park
• Everett at Bucs (non-league), 4 p.m., Mulcahy Stadium
• Midnight Suns at Goldpanners, 7 p.m., Growden Park
• Chinooks at Glacier Pilots, 10 p.m., Mulcahy Stadium
Clint Freeman blasted a two-run home run and pitched two scoreless innings for the save Thursday night to lead the Mat-Su Miners to a 3-0 victory over the league-leading Peninsula Oilers at Hermon Brothers Field in Palmer.
Freeman’s homer was part of Mat-Su’s three-run fourth inning, which also included an RBI double from Branden Berry.
Mat-Su starter Jay Calhoun went seven innings, allowing just four hits and striking out two to help the Miners improve to 4-5 overall, 2-5 in the ABL.
The game took just 2 hours, 2 minutes, and came after the Oilers fell 4-3 to the Anchorage Glacier Pilots in a 21-inning game that ended Thursday morning. The Oilers (9-3, 7-3 ABL) haven’t scored in the last 21 innings.
The only other game in the league Thursday was a non-league contest in Fairbanks, where the Goldpanners entertained the Everett Merchants in the annual Midnight Sun Game, which was scheduled for a 10:30 p.m. start.