ALASKA BASEBALL LEAGUE
• Pilots 12, Oilers 0
• Bucs 13, Chinooks 2
• Pilots 15, Goldpanners 5
• Bucs 6, Chinooks 2
• Oilers 5, Miners 3
• Goldpanners at Pilots (DH), 5 p.m., Mulcahy Stadium
• Bucs at Chinooks, 6 p.m., Loretta French Field
• Oilers at Miners, 6 p.m., Hermon Brothers Field
Three home runs lifted the league-leading Anchorage Glacier Pilots to another rout.
Kevin Cornelius, Tyler Spoon and Jeff Kremer all homered Wednesday in a 15-5 romp over the Fairbanks Goldpanners at Mulcahy Stadium. The Pilots (20-11 and two games ahead of the second-place Peninsula Oilers) have won three games in a row by a combined score of 37-6.
Cornelius and Spoon, who homered for the seventh time this season, each drove in three runs. Kremer scored four times and collected three hits.
The Goldpanners (13-15), who got three hits and two runs from Chad Carroll, led 5-3 after two innings.
• A three-run homer by Frank Martinez propelled the Oilers past the Mat-Su Miners 5-3 in Palmer. Jon Maciel (4-2) limited the Miners to two hits in five innings for the win.
An eighth-inning rally came up short for the Miners (12-19), who closed the gap to 4-3 by scoring two runs on Chris Taladay's one-out, bases-loaded double. But they couldn't get anything more, stranding runners at second and third, and the Oilers (18-13) answered with an insurance run in the top of the ninth.
• The Anchorage Bucs reached the .500 mark with a 6-2 victory over the Chugiak Chinooks.
The Bucs (15-15) raced to a 6-0 lead in five innings, scoring four runs in the fifth. The Chinooks (12-17) scored once in the seventh and once in the eighth.