• CALL FOR QUILTERS: Pratt Museum in Homer will host a themed quilt show, "History in the Making: Quilts, Quilters and Their Stories," Nov. 9-Dec. 30. Quilters are invited to create works that reflect their rich, shared local history or their own personal connection to this place. Each quilter will be asked to include a brief statement about their personal quilting history and the story of their piece. Quilts or wall hangings can be hand quilted, machine quilted or tied. All styles and techniques are welcome. Works must not exceed 72 inches in length or width. This is not a juried contest. Quilters must notify Pratt Museum curator Holly Cusack-McVeigh of their intent to participate no later than Sept. 1. Quilts need to be delivered for installation on Monday, Nov. 5, between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. For more information, call 907-235-8635.
• CALL FOR SINGERS: Anchorage Concert Chorus is looking for singers who like to sing a wide variety of musical genres and styles. Auditions will be held from 5:45-9 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, Aug. 27-29, for the upcoming 2012-13 season. To schedule your audition, email auditions chair Lou Ann Hennig at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the upcoming season, visit anchorageconcertchorus.org.
• CALL FOR YOUNG SINGERS: The Anchorage Concert Chorus is offering mentorship awards for young singers so they may enjoy the experience of singing with Alaska's premiere large choral group. This mentorship will pay for membership dues, music and the tutelage of the group's conductor and artistic director, Grant Cochran, for the 2012-2013 concert season. If you are a student 16 years of age or older but not over 25 years old, attending high school or college in Alaska and available to sing the regular concert season, Sept. 3-April 20, you may be eligible to receive a mentorship award. For full details and an application, contact Carolyn Morris, mentorship coordinator at email@example.com or call 240-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CALL FOR MUSICIANS, POETS AND MORE: Anchorage Saturday and Sunday Markets need musicians, poets and all manner of performing artists. Markets are Saturdays and Sundays through Sept. 19. Applications for the markets will be accepted throughout the summer. Contact Julia at 272-5634 or email her at email@example.com.
• CALL FOR WRITERS: Alaska Women Speak, a quarterly writing journal, is seeking writing contributions. All writing will be considered, but prefer early submissions, 1,200 words or less. The theme for the fall issue is "Shelter" with a deadline of Aug. 20. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CALL FOR ARTISTS AND WRITERS: Denali National Park has called for applications from visual artists and writers for the 2013 Artist-in-Residence program. Established artists and writers use a historic roadside cabin as a base to explore the park and seek inspiration from it. Many works from previous artists-in-residence are displayed in the Denali and Eielson visitor centers. Artists reside in the East Fork cabin, Mile 43 on the park road, for a 10-day period between now and mid-September. In return, each artist donates a piece of artwork or written piece to the park's collection. They also offer a public presentation for visitors at the end of their residency. Applications are available online at nps.gov/dena/historyculture/arts-program.htm.
• CALL FOR ART VENDORS, ENTERTAINERS AND FOOD VENDORS: The Anchorage Downtown Partnership is calling for art vendors for Salmon Daze, noon-6 p.m. July 28 on G Street between Third and Fourth avenues. Vendors must be Alaska artists. For applications, call 279-5650 or email email@example.com.
Do you have a creative opportunity to list in this column? Send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.