• Miners 3, Bucs 2
• Chinooks 7, Pilots 4 (10 innings)
• Goldpanners 4, Oilers 3 (10 innings)
• Pilots 8, Chinooks 3
• Bucs 9, Miners 7
• Pilots at Miners, 6 p.m.
• Bucs at Oilers, 6 p.m.
• Goldpanners at Chinooks, 6 p.m.
• Having secured the Alaska Baseball League pennant one night earlier on tie-breakers, the Anchorage Glacier Pilots on Thursday night rendered that caveat unnecessary -- they pounded the host Chugiak-Eagle River Chinooks 8-3 to stamp their superiority on the league.
Caleb Natov rapped a pair of run-scoring doubles and Micah Green lashed a two-run double for the Glacier Pilots, who also received RBI singles from Jordan Luplow, Jordan Berger and Tyler Spoon.
Scott Kalamar drove in two runs for the Chinooks and Adam Humes knocked in their other run.
• The Anchorage Bucs racked 11 of their 15 hits and nine runs in the opening three innings Thursday night, then held on for a 9-7 win over the Mat-Su Miners at Mulcahy Stadium.
Eight of the nine Bucs hitters in the lineup furnished at least one hit and scored at least one run, and the only guy not in that mix, Brenden Kalfur, contributed a sacrifice fly. Chase Compton and Zach Esquerra each rapped three hits.
Bucs right-hander Tanner Kichler allowed one hit and two unearned runs in five innings. He walked six and struck out eight. Braden Shipley pitched a scoreless ninth inning for his fifth save.
Lino Lipson went 2 for 3 for the Miners, tripling in two runs and scoring three times.