Muldoon house fire sends two to hospital

mtheriault@adn.comOctober 7, 2012 

— A Muldoon-area house fire sent two people to the hospital Saturday night, the Anchorage Fire Department said.

A 911 call came from a home on the 600 block of Kim Place at 8 p.m. Saturday, according to fire officials. The caller said people were still inside.

When Anchorage Fire Department vehicles arrived smoke and flames could be seen coming from the residence, according to a release from the department.

One person was in a bedroom that had heavy black smoke around the door, officials said. Firefighters were able to remove the person, who was transported to a local hospital for treatment, along with a second person on the scene. Fire officials did not release details on the condition of the victims Sunday.

Several other people at the house were not hospitalized. Pets in the home at the time of the fire were taken to Animal Control for shelter.

Fire Department officials estimate damage to the home at $30,000.

 

Reach Michelle Theriault Boots at mtheriault@adn.com or 257-4344.

 

 

Anchorage Daily News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service