Here are some free applications you might consider downloading to your smartphone or tablet before heading out to the stores on Black Friday.
• Black Friday App by DealNews.com: One of the most popular apps for Black Friday, it lets users browse ads from major retailers -- including ads that have been "leaked," or not yet officially released. Users can also create shopping lists, compare prices and receive store alerts. Available for Apple iOS and Google Android-powered devices.
• Shopkick: This app operates like a rewards program. Shoppers can earn points just for walking into stores such as Target, Macy's, Best Buy and Old Navy and can redeem their points for free coffee at Starbucks and a variety of gift cards. Available for Apple and Android devices.
• The Coupons App: Shoppers can get digital coupons to stores, restaurants and gas stations as well as access to Black Friday deals and shopping tools such as price comparison. Users can text and email coupons to others. Available for Apple and Android devices.
• Black Friday Survival Guide: Users can get leaked ads in real time, check out store circulars and advertisements, search for deals by store or category, and view discounted products. Available for Apple devices.
• Daily Shopper: This app provides a roundup of online deals. Discounts from Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon and Best Buy are featured. Available for Apple devices.