Anchorage, AK 11.23.12—Remy Libbrecht, of Anchorage, AK, will travel to Seattle, WA, in January to compete as a Finalist in the Senior Woodwind section at the MTNA Northwest Division competition.
Libbrecht, the son of Marcella and Tanguy Libbrecht, earned this opportunity to represent Alaska based on the performance he submitted for the state competition. A sophomore at West Anchorage High School, Libbrecht has been studying Oboe for 3 years and is currently a student of Hal Nonneman.
Remy Libbrecht is an Oboist/English horn player from Anchorage, AK. He is student conductor and Lead Alto Sax in the West High Jazz Band. In 2011/2012, Remy was selected for All-State. In 2012, he was selected all Northwest and won Command Performance for double reeds at State Solo and Ensemble. Remy is 1st co-chair for Oboe in the Anchorage Youth Symphony. He is also a black belt, who lettered in Tennis and represented AK at the International Science Fair.
The MTNA Northwest Division competition will take place Jan 11-13, 2013 during the MTNA Northwest Conference. The winner of this competition will compete in the National Finals during the MTNA National Conference in Anaheim, California in March.
The three-tiered MTNA competitions begin at the state level. Winners of each State Competition advance to the division competition. Division winners then proceed to the National Competition Finals.
To receive more information about the MTNA National Competitions, including competition rules and applications please contact MTNA national headquarters at (888) 512-5278, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.mtna.org.
Music Teachers National Association is a nonprofit organization comprised of 22,000 independent and collegiate music teachers committed to advancing the value of music study and music making to society and to supporting the professionalism of music teachers. Founded in 1876, Music Teachers National Association is the oldest professional music association in the United States.
- All News
- Alaska Newsreader
- Julia O'Malley
- Anchorage police conducting death investigation
- Man in deflating raft off Fire Island saved by military rescuers
- Joe Miller launches Senate campaign before rowdy crowd
- BP selling interests in four North Slope fields to new Alaska player, Hilcorp
- All Sports
- Aces Hockey
- Hockey Blog
- Alaska Baseball League
- High School
- Alaska Fishing
- National Sports
- For Wrigley Field, it was the party of a century
- Before pro hockey, Aces blueliner McKelvie played defense for US Army
- Service senior to play basketball at UAF
- Chugiak girls, Service boys net soccer wins
- All Living
- Wedding Announcements
- Community Blogs
- Market Fresh
- Harvey: No two people are outdoorsy in the same way
- For a great summer, write your to-do list now
- John Schandelmeier: It doesn't take much to get past the pavement
- 2014 Alaska Summer Camp Guide
- All Entertainment
- Movie News & Reviews
- Movie Listings
- Events Calendar
- Local Dining
- Wayne and Wanda
- Play Blog
- Art Snob Blog
- Lupita Nyong'o named People's 'Most Beautiful'
- Jodie Foster weds artist Alexandra Hedison
- Shakespeare's Globe taking 'Hamlet' to 200 nations
- Sony developing live-action Barbie comedy
- All Opinion
- Letters to the editor
- Alaska Ear
- Editorial Cartoons
- National Columnists
- Compass Writers
- Michael Carey
- Paul Jenkins
- Shannyn Moore
- Cartoons for the week of 4/20/14
- Mike Dingman: State should step up and support AWAIC expansion
- Elise Patkotak: Don't let your children watch our Legislature
- Compass:Murkowski should stand up for Bristol Bay, not try to hobble EPA
- Local Deals