Anchorage, AK 11.23.12—Remy Libbrecht, of Anchorage, AK, will travel to Seattle, WA, in January to compete as a Finalist in the Senior Woodwind section at the MTNA Northwest Division competition.
Libbrecht, the son of Marcella and Tanguy Libbrecht, earned this opportunity to represent Alaska based on the performance he submitted for the state competition. A sophomore at West Anchorage High School, Libbrecht has been studying Oboe for 3 years and is currently a student of Hal Nonneman.
Remy Libbrecht is an Oboist/English horn player from Anchorage, AK. He is student conductor and Lead Alto Sax in the West High Jazz Band. In 2011/2012, Remy was selected for All-State. In 2012, he was selected all Northwest and won Command Performance for double reeds at State Solo and Ensemble. Remy is 1st co-chair for Oboe in the Anchorage Youth Symphony. He is also a black belt, who lettered in Tennis and represented AK at the International Science Fair.
The MTNA Northwest Division competition will take place Jan 11-13, 2013 during the MTNA Northwest Conference. The winner of this competition will compete in the National Finals during the MTNA National Conference in Anaheim, California in March.
The three-tiered MTNA competitions begin at the state level. Winners of each State Competition advance to the division competition. Division winners then proceed to the National Competition Finals.
To receive more information about the MTNA National Competitions, including competition rules and applications please contact MTNA national headquarters at (888) 512-5278, email@example.com or visit the website at www.mtna.org.
Music Teachers National Association is a nonprofit organization comprised of 22,000 independent and collegiate music teachers committed to advancing the value of music study and music making to society and to supporting the professionalism of music teachers. Founded in 1876, Music Teachers National Association is the oldest professional music association in the United States.
- Alaska Newsreader
- Julia O'Malley
- Alaska gets tough on invasive plants, quarantines 5 species
- Australian driver hits tree after falling asleep on Seward Highway
- Parnell pushes 2 expensive new road projects to lawmakers
- Palmer man faces felony charges after Anchorage crime lab review
- Aces Hockey
- Hockey Blog
- Alaska Baseball League
- High School
- Alaska Fishing
- National Sports
- Sports Photos
- Buser arrives on Yukon River poised to regain Iditarod lead
- Much at stake as UAA hockey team heads to Fairbanks
- Aces begin final regular-season homestand Friday
- Osborne free throws lift Lynx past Bartlett boys
- Wedding Announcements
- Community Blogs
- Market Fresh
- Pope Francis' 1st year: Not yet a revolution, but perhaps a start
- Trapper Creek man says dog saved his life after snowmachine crash
- Alli Harvey: On omens, ski poles and the Tour of Anchorage
- Stunning panoramic photo taken atop WTC spire
- Movie News & Reviews
- Movie Listings
- Events Calendar
- Local Dining
- Wayne and Wanda
- Play Blog
- Art Snob Blog
- Vanilla Ice coming to 'prom' in Anchorage
- Band of cellos: Portland Cello Project covers everything from Kanye to Bach
- Reality Check: With season almost over, 'Ultimate Survival Alaska' finalists are neck and neck
- Rock 'n' roll (and gluten-free pizza)
- Letters to the editor
- Alaska Ear
- Editorial Cartoons
- National Columnists
- Compass Writers
- Michael Carey
- Paul Jenkins
- Shannyn Moore
- Elise Patkotak
- Cartoons for the week of 3/2/14
- Compass: Here's why oil producers like SB 21
- Compass: Cease fire, and Mud Lake will be a better place
- Gail Collins: Who counts as an oligarch?
- Local Deals