Anchorage, AK 11.23.12—Remy Libbrecht, of Anchorage, AK, will travel to Seattle, WA, in January to compete as a Finalist in the Senior Woodwind section at the MTNA Northwest Division competition.
Libbrecht, the son of Marcella and Tanguy Libbrecht, earned this opportunity to represent Alaska based on the performance he submitted for the state competition. A sophomore at West Anchorage High School, Libbrecht has been studying Oboe for 3 years and is currently a student of Hal Nonneman.
Remy Libbrecht is an Oboist/English horn player from Anchorage, AK. He is student conductor and Lead Alto Sax in the West High Jazz Band. In 2011/2012, Remy was selected for All-State. In 2012, he was selected all Northwest and won Command Performance for double reeds at State Solo and Ensemble. Remy is 1st co-chair for Oboe in the Anchorage Youth Symphony. He is also a black belt, who lettered in Tennis and represented AK at the International Science Fair.
The MTNA Northwest Division competition will take place Jan 11-13, 2013 during the MTNA Northwest Conference. The winner of this competition will compete in the National Finals during the MTNA National Conference in Anaheim, California in March.
The three-tiered MTNA competitions begin at the state level. Winners of each State Competition advance to the division competition. Division winners then proceed to the National Competition Finals.
To receive more information about the MTNA National Competitions, including competition rules and applications please contact MTNA national headquarters at (888) 512-5278, email@example.com or visit the website at www.mtna.org.
Music Teachers National Association is a nonprofit organization comprised of 22,000 independent and collegiate music teachers committed to advancing the value of music study and music making to society and to supporting the professionalism of music teachers. Founded in 1876, Music Teachers National Association is the oldest professional music association in the United States.
- All News
- Alaska Newsreader
- Julia O'Malley
- Kone guilty of murder in 2012 stabbing death on Fairview street
- $13 million surplus may ease taxes, Anchorage School District budget pressures
- Movement afoot to resurrect parts of 'dead' land bill
- Settlement clears way for Midtown lake to become city park
- All Sports
- Aces Hockey
- Hockey Blog
- Alaska Baseball League
- High School
- Alaska Fishing
- National Sports
- Unheralded 2013 Boston Marathon champion reaches out to city torn by attack
- Alaska village with few basketball victories advances to national prep mascot finals
- Aces enter playoffs after flourishing in ECHL regular season despite constant roster shuffling
- Nadal loses in quarterfinals in Monte Carlo
- All Living
- Wedding Announcements
- Community Blogs
- Market Fresh
- Wayne & Wanda: Can a relationship last after the party's over?
- 2014 Alaska Summer Camp Guide
- Alli Harvey: Reconsidering the joys of car camping
- For 2 days every April, hawk watchers flock to Gunsight Mountain
- All Entertainment
- Movie News & Reviews
- Movie Listings
- Events Calendar
- Local Dining
- Wayne and Wanda
- Play Blog
- Art Snob Blog
- Review: Vivid artistry on display in UAA dance show
- Reality Check: Finally, real Alaskans doing real Alaska things
- Capitol Steps bring comedy theater of public policy to Anchorage
- Hot picks for the weekend
- All Opinion
- Letters to the editor
- Alaska Ear
- Editorial Cartoons
- National Columnists
- Compass Writers
- Michael Carey
- Paul Jenkins
- Shannyn Moore
- Steve Haycox: Alaska women have played vital role in conservation
- Compass: If you shortchange schools, you hurt students
- Cartoons for the week of 4/13/14
- Charles Krauthammer: Abuse of campaign disclosure laws spoils a fine balance
- Local Deals