Anchorage, AK 11.23.12—Remy Libbrecht, of Anchorage, AK, will travel to Seattle, WA, in January to compete as a Finalist in the Senior Woodwind section at the MTNA Northwest Division competition.
Libbrecht, the son of Marcella and Tanguy Libbrecht, earned this opportunity to represent Alaska based on the performance he submitted for the state competition. A sophomore at West Anchorage High School, Libbrecht has been studying Oboe for 3 years and is currently a student of Hal Nonneman.
Remy Libbrecht is an Oboist/English horn player from Anchorage, AK. He is student conductor and Lead Alto Sax in the West High Jazz Band. In 2011/2012, Remy was selected for All-State. In 2012, he was selected all Northwest and won Command Performance for double reeds at State Solo and Ensemble. Remy is 1st co-chair for Oboe in the Anchorage Youth Symphony. He is also a black belt, who lettered in Tennis and represented AK at the International Science Fair.
The MTNA Northwest Division competition will take place Jan 11-13, 2013 during the MTNA Northwest Conference. The winner of this competition will compete in the National Finals during the MTNA National Conference in Anaheim, California in March.
The three-tiered MTNA competitions begin at the state level. Winners of each State Competition advance to the division competition. Division winners then proceed to the National Competition Finals.
To receive more information about the MTNA National Competitions, including competition rules and applications please contact MTNA national headquarters at (888) 512-5278, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.mtna.org.
Music Teachers National Association is a nonprofit organization comprised of 22,000 independent and collegiate music teachers committed to advancing the value of music study and music making to society and to supporting the professionalism of music teachers. Founded in 1876, Music Teachers National Association is the oldest professional music association in the United States.
- All News
- Alaska Newsreader
- Julia O'Malley
- Anchorage man was near Everest when fatal avalanche hit
- Education bill moves to Senate floor, still without formula funding
- Sullivan, a Marine and ex-natural resources head, goes on the attack in Senate race
- Julia O'Malley: At the newspaper that raised me, a new story unfolds
- All Sports
- Aces Hockey
- Hockey Blog
- Alaska Baseball League
- High School
- Alaska Fishing
- National Sports
- Aces bury Wranglers; will take 2-0 series lead to Vegas
- UAA runners Chelimo, O'Guinn set national standards
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Folmar, Donley off to swift cycling start
- All Living
- Wedding Announcements
- Community Blogs
- Market Fresh
- Easter feed costs are mostly stable, but chocolate bunnies and other sweets are going up
- Hometown U: UAA bike-share will make campus easier to navigate
- Alaska From Scratch: Elevate Easter leftovers with grilled cheese
- 2014 Alaska Summer Camp Guide
- All Entertainment
- Movie News & Reviews
- Movie Listings
- Events Calendar
- Local Dining
- Wayne and Wanda
- Play Blog
- Art Snob Blog
- ArtBeat: 'Idols' are difficult to come by at Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Review: Perseverance delivers a scorching performance of 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'
- Reality Check: Finally, real Alaskans doing real Alaska things
- Review: Vivid artistry on display in UAA dance show
- All Opinion
- Letters to the editor
- Alaska Ear
- Editorial Cartoons
- National Columnists
- Compass Writers
- Michael Carey
- Paul Jenkins
- Shannyn Moore
- Compass: Alaska's predator control programs are neither ethical nor sensible
- Shannyn Moore: Reaction to Easter may be genetic
- Paul Jenkins: Democrats cling to ACES in defiance of reality
- Amanda Coyne: Funny thing about Juneau: The place is full of elephants
- Local Deals