Anchorage, Alaska (April 2, 2013) – The award recipients for the 2013 Heart of Anchorage Awards were announced by Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd on March 30th at ConocoPhillips Atruim.
The awards are a way to recognize employees of downtown businesses or organizations who go above and beyond normal job responsibilities with outstanding or unusual service to the visitor, customer and community.
The awards recognize businesses, employees or volunteers for both for profit and not-for-profit businesses.
· Chugach Mountain Award – Presented to an employee in an organization or business that has demonstrated outstanding customer service skills and professional excellence.
Brandon Krous – Midnight Sun Cafe (for profit)
Mary Gibson – RurAL CAP (not for profit)
· Dena’ina Award – Presented to a team or group for outstanding leadership, professional excellence and contributions to Downtown Anchorage.
Alaska Channel Team – Alaska App (for profit)
Covenant House Youth Engagement Center Project Team - Cook Inlet Housing Authority Project Management, Davis Constructors & Engineers, RIM Architects and RIM Design (not for profit)
· Ship Creek Landing Award – This award goes to an entrepreneur starting a new business (in the last three years) that has added a dynamic new element to Downtown Anchorage.
Brown Bag Sandwich Company – Antoine & Brynn McLeod
· Spirit of Alaska Award – To recognize volunteers in the Downtown community, this award will be presented to a volunteer that has demonstrated exceptional efforts to support a Downtown business, charity or organization.
Dianne Tydings – Dianne’s Restaurant (for profit)
Dale Kaercher – zAKs Boardroom (not for profit)
· George M. Sullivan Award – George M. Sullivan was our mayor in 1975 when the Municipality of Anchorage was formed. In regards to his outstanding leadership we present this award to the manager who demonstrates strong leadership qualities and works well with a team.
Maggie Kelly – Royal Celebrity Tours (for profit)
Jason Hodges –Anchorage Concert Association – Anchorage Convention and Visitors
Bureau (not for profit)
· Captain James Cook Award – This award acknowledges a Business with an outstanding new or remodel design & construction for exterior facade and/or interior improvements (in last three years in downtown)
Fur Rondy Shop & Caffe D’arte – Greater Anchorage Inc. & Lori Brewer (Small
Downtown Soup Kitchen – Downtown Soup Kitchen, Nvision Architecture, Kiewit Corp.
· 2013 Heart of Anchorage Award –
James “Jim” Crockett – Bean’s Caffe
For pictures or more information about the awards and for a complete list of nominees,
please visit www.anchoragedowntown.org.