BBB Offers Financial Education to Military Members and Families
Anchorage, Alaska – May 23, 2013 – This Memorial Day, Better Business Bureau serving Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington reminds the military community that smart financial decisions begin with education. BBB’s statistics show that military members and their families are filing complaints against Alaskan “Real Estate” companies and “Auto Dealers” more than other industries.
Returning soldiers are a highly vulnerable target for high-dollar purchases and confusing contracts.
While observing the holiday:
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel: bbb.org.
- Stay ahead of financial challenges using mobile devices:militaryandmoney.com.
- Utilize free resources on financial literacy and consumer protection through BBB Military Line: akorww.bbb.org/military-line.
- Participate in BBB’s Integrity Golf Classic, which supports BBB Military Line efforts: akorww.bbb.org/golf.
- Use BBB Business Reviews to check out companies and file complaints: bbb.org/us/find-business-reviews.