The 21st annual Alaska Run for Women is Saturday, which means there are a couple of big days between now and then for those who plan to participate.
Key times and dates to remember this week:
• Tuesday and Thursday -- Registration and bib pickup, 4-7 p.m., University Center.
• Thursday -- Online registration ends for the timed 5-mile race, 5 p.m., akrfw.org.
• Friday -- Online registration ends for the untimed 5-mile and 1-mile events, 5 p.m., akrfw.org.
• Saturday -- Race-day bib pickup for all events and registration for untimed events, 6:45-8 a.m., Anchorage Football Stadium.
• Saturday race starts -- 1-mile run, 8:30 a.m. Timed 5-mile run, 8:45 a.m. Untimed 5-mile run, 9 a.m.
A fundraiser for breast cancer charities, the Run for Women is an all-female event, but this year a man was chosen to be the honorary starter -- Sitka marathoner Brent Cunningham.
Cunningham, who finished this year's Boston Marathon before the bombings at the finish line, made the news for giving his finisher's medal to a stranger who didn't reach the finish before the explosions.