Pilots 7, Chinooks 2
Back-to-back hits by Kevin Garcia and Micah Green drove in four runs in the third inning Friday, sparking the Anchorage Glacier Pilots' 7-2 ABL triumph over the Chugiak Chinooks at Loretta French Field in Chugiak.
The Pilots scored five runs with two out in the third. The first scored on an error, the next two came on Garcia's bases-loaded single and the last two came on Green's two-run double.
Pilots starter Dylan Nelson struck out four and allowed three hits in four innings. Reliever Michael Robards got the win with three no-hit innings in which he struck out four.
Stephen Ventimillia cracked a two-run single in the fourth to lead Chugiak.
Oilers 11, Seals 3
A.J. Ramirez and Adam Sonabend each drove in three runs Friday to help the Peninsula Oilers roll past the San Francisco Seals 11-3 in a non-league game at Kenai's Seymour Memorial Park.
Oilers starter Logan McAnallen pitched five innings for a win, striking out six and allowing three runs. The Oilers scored all 11 runs in the first five innings, exploding for five runs in the third inning. Mike Wieland and Jake Alvarez each belted three hits for the Oilers.
Alaska Baseball League
Pilots 7, Chinooks 4
Bucs 6, Goldpanners 1
Oilers 11, San Francisco Seals 3
• Seals at Bucs, 7 p.m., Mulcahy Stadium
• Pilots at Miners, 7 p.m., Hermon Brothers Field
• Legion All-Stars at Chinooks, 7 p.m., Loretta French Field
• AABL at Oilers, 7 p.m., Seymour Memorial Park
• Seals at Bucs, 2 p.m., Mulcahy Stadium
• AABL at Oilers, 2 p.m., Seymour Memorial Park
• Chinooks at Pilots, 5 p.m., Mulcahy Stadium
• Fairbanks Brewers at Goldpanners, 7 p.m., Growden Memorial Park