Local businesses were honored Friday for community service and entrepreneurial/business excellence at the annual Anchorage Chamber of Commerce Gold Pan Awards.
The winners, announced at a banquet at the Dena'ina Center, were:
• Entrepreneurial Excellence: Chris Dunn of Integrity Roofing & Windows.
• Business Excellence: Cornerstone General Contractors.
• Distinguished Community Service (Individual, Small Business/ Organization): Peter Mulcahy, URS Corp.
• Distinguished Community Service (Large Business/ Organization): Fred Meyer.
• Anchorage Chamber Ambassador of the Year: Michele Gruber, Alarm Protection Alaska.
• Anchorage Chamber Volunteer of the Year: George Vakalis, Municipality of Anchorage.
A full list of the nominees: anchoragechamber.org/goldpanawardtypes