The Alaska State Council on the Arts and the Alaska Arts and Culture Foundation have announced the five winners of their 2013 Connie Boochever Fellowships in the literary and performing arts. The $2,500 fellowship focuses on "emerging artists," and alternates between performing and literary arts, and the visual arts.
The five recipients are:
- Erin Hollowell, Homer, literary arts fellow
- Lucas Rowley, Anchorage, literary arts fellow
- Nicole Stellon O'Donnell, Fairbanks, literary arts fellow
- X̱ʼunei Lance Twitchell, Juneau, literary arts fellow
- Allison Warden, Anchorage, performing arts fellow
Connie Boochever was a performer, director, and producer of community theater and a advocate of the arts, and was active in the effort to pass the legislation that created the Percent for Art in Public Places. The Connie Boochever Fellowship was established in 2001 by her family after her death.
For more information about the 2013 Connie Boochever Fellows, contact the Alaska State Council on the Arts at 907-269-6610. The Fellowships are funded through the Connie Boochever Endowment and the Alaska Arts and Culture Foundation, and administered by the Alaska State Council on the Arts.