The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports on a uniquely Fairbanks phenomenon, Twitter user Fairbanks Problems, under the handle @Fairbanksprobs, who pokes fun at all the problems Fairbanksans face living in Alaska's interior city.
The Twitter user has been sending out tweets since February, amassing nearly 800 followers as of August 11. Here are a few select observations tweeted by @Fairbanksprobs:
- The fair is non smoking this year by the way. Kinda sucks for those goth kids that hang out under the bridges. #trolls #fairbanksproblems
- The moose in my driveway won't go away so I can get in my car and leave my house. #goaway! #fairbanksproblems
- Always thought my neighborhood was safe, turns out that there is a meth lab down the street. Thanks #Alaskastatetroopers #fairbanksproblems
- Going to sleep while it's dark. Waking up while it's dark. Getting off work while it's dark. #fairbanksproblems
- #MyOneRegret is ever voting for Sarah Palin #fairbanksproblems
- I went to a party last night and a basketball game broke out #fairbanksproblems