The three Fairbanks militia men now on trial in Anchorage often met in local restaurants to scheme and vent. It occurred to me that an enterprising entrepreneur could offer a tour of their favorite dining establishments and provide samples from the specials on the menu.
* Denny's. Where a Common law trial found Schaeffer Cox not guility of a DV offense and a weapons offense. Special: The Acquittal Slam.
* The Hometown Cafe. Where the Lonnie Vernon and his wife Karen discussed selling Mrs. Vernon's jewelry to buy hand grenades. Special: Pineapple Pizza.
* Sourdough Sam's. Where an informant planned to meet the Vernons immediately before the FBI take down March 10. Special: Toast.
* KFC. Where Lonnie Vernon and the same informant discussed the possibility of taking out communication towers when the day of battle arrived. Special: Big Burrito with holy guacamole sauce.
* The Food Factory. Where Lonnie Vernon ranted about what he would like to do to Big Government. Special: Roasted Caesar Salad.
By MICHAEL CAREY