• Bucs 4, Oilers 2 (7 innings)
• Oilers 4, Bucs 1 (7 innings)
• Miners 10, Glacier Pilots 3
• Goldpanners 4, Chinooks 1 (7 innings)
• Chinooks 10, Goldpanners 5 (7 innings)
• Pilots at Miners, 2 p.m.
• Bucs at Oilers, 2 p.m.
• Goldpanners at Chinooks, 6 p.m.
• The Anchorage Bucs split a Saturday doubleheader against the Peninsula Oilers in Kenai, generating a 4-2 seven-inning win in the opener before the Oilers rebounded for a 4-1 seven-inning victory in the nightcap at Seymour Memorial Park.
Danny Susdorf delivered a two-run single in the second inning for the Bucs, then stole second and third bases and scored on Collin Ferguson's ground-out. Brenden Kalfus added an RBI fielder's choice in the second inning. Bucs starter Jacob Rhame pitched a complete-game five-hitter, striking out four to improve to 3-0 with a 2.06 earned-run average.
Garrett Stubbs provided Peninsula's scoring with a two-run home run.
Oilers starter Nigel Nootbaar dominated the second game, permitting two hits and striking out nine.
Trey Richardson banged his sixth homer of the season for the Oilers, teammate Nate Ring unloaded his fourth homer and Alex Staehely added an RBI double.
• In Palmer, Chris Taladay went 3 for 5 and drove in three runs to lead the Mat-Su Miners to a 10-3 win over the league champion Anchorage Glacier Pilots at Hermon Brothers Field.
Taladay singled, ripped an RBI double and added an RBI triple. Mat-Su starter Ross Mitchell (4-2) went five innings for the win, giving up two runs on five hits and striking out five for his first win since July 4.
• In Chugiak, the Chugiak Chinooks and Fairbanks Goldpanners split a doubleheader at Loretta French Field, with the Panners winning 4-1 in the opener and the Chinooks using an inside-the-park homer from Drew Turbin and a traditional homer by J.J. Turbin to earn a 10-5 victory in the nightcap.
-- Anchorage Daily News