Fireworks ignited a small fire outside the Naukati School in Klawock, Alaska State Troopers say.
Around 10 p.m. Saturday, someone noticed a small pile of debris outside the school had caught fire. The sprinkler system was activated and the fire was quickly extinguished, according to an online post by troopers.
The minor fire didn't harm the school building, but a storage bin and picnic table outside received about $300 in damage.
After investigating, officials determined two juveniles had been shooting off fireworks in and around school property. One of the fireworks hit the school and then landed into the pile of combustible material, igniting the fire.
Charges of second degree criminally negligent burning will be forwarded to the Division of Juvenile Justice.
By Anchorage Daily News/ adn.com