Municipal Department of Health and Human Services to waive administrative fee for flu vaccine
Fee waiver in effect until the end to the year for eligible residents
In an effort to encourage more Anchorage residents to get immunized against the flu, from now through the end of the year, the Municipal Department of Health and Human Service will be waiving the standard $27 administrative fee for State-supplied flu vaccine.
State-supplied flu vaccine is available at no charge, but only to:
* Children under the age of 3
* and anyone age 3 and older who does not have health insurance;
* has health insurance that does not cover vaccines;
* has insurance but hasn’t met their deductible for vaccination coverage;
* has insurance but doesn’t know if their health insurance covers vaccines or not; or
* has nowhere else to go in the community to receive the vaccine.
Both injectable and nasal spray versions of the vaccine are available at the Deparment of Health and Human Services, while supplies last.
The Department of Health and Human Services is located at 825 L Street. For more information and clinic hours, please call 343-4799.
MOA press release