• Brilliant Marketing, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Anchorage SBDC, 430 W. Seventh Ave. This is a comprehensive, organized way for any business to approach marketing based on the psychology of rapport, research and statistics. It is brilliantly simple and straight forward and breaks down the barriers that typically prevent successful marketing: lack of knowledge, money, and time. Learn how to use checklists, templates, charts and other tools to absolutely maximize every marketing opportunity, both online and off. $20. (274-7232, aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com)
• Business Lending and SBA Business Loan Facts, noon to 1 p.m., Anchorage SBDC, 430 W. Seventh Ave. During this presentation you will gain insight into what a bank is looking for when they review credit applications, including ratios and industry risk. We'll discuss important banking relationships every business owner should have and resources to help you obtain the capital you seek. Learn about SBA-backed loans and how to apply for one. Registration required at aksbdc.org. Free.(274-7232)
• Build Your Own Website with Drupal, 7-9 p.m., 911 W Eighth Ave. The Alaska Drupal Users Group is hosting a free introduction to website creation. Even if you've never built your own website, you'll learn how to quickly and easily build an amazing and mobile-ready business or blog site using the power of Drupal. Drupal is a free software package with extensive support from a vibrant volunteer community that allows you to easily organize, manage and publish your content, with an endless variety of customization. Free. (meetup.com/Alaska-Drupal-Users-Group/events/152091342/)
• Status of Cloud-based Applications, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., BP Energy Center. AIIM Alaska invites you to a free quarterly educational in-person and webinar. Learn about the status of cloud-based applications and obtain year-end professional development credits at this catered luncheon. Jeffrey Piper, Chief Customer Officer at SpringCM, brings broad knowledge on cloud-based solutions. Piper and Phillip Grove, Confluex Inc., will lead a discussion on the trends, integration and design strategies for software applications hosted on the web.
• Chugiak-Eagle River Chamber Lunch Forum, noon to 1 p.m., Bear Mountain Grill, 12300 Old Glenn Highway. The guest speaker is Gov. Sean Parnell. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Reservations are requested. $3-$16. (694-4702, cer.org)
• How to Write a Business Plan, noon to 4 p.m., Anchorage SBDC, 430 W. Seventh Ave. This interactive workshop will cover the basics of writing a business plan and how it can help you focus your business, obtain financing and keep your business on track. The first half of the class with cover the financials for a dummy company chosen by the attendees and the second half will go over the narrative portion of the business plan. Registration and payment required at aksbdc.org. $50. (274-7232, aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com)
• Resource Development Council breakfast, 7 a.m.. Dena'ina Convention Center. The topic is "More Than A Pipe Dream: An Alaska Grid" by Meera Kohler, president and CEO, Alaska Village Electric Cooperative. Register at akrdc.org or by calling 276-0700, ext. No. 6, no later than Tuesday to guarantee a seat.
• Legal Aspects: LLCs, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Anchorage SBDC, 430 W. Seventh Ave. Presented by Attorney Andrew Mitton. Learn how LLCs work, the factors to look at in deciding whether you need an LLC, and how to maintain and manage it. Preregistration at aksbdc.org and prepayment required. $20. (274-7232, aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com)
Business meetings, Events and Seminars