The Paul G. Allen Foundation announced $465,000 in grants to Alaska non-profit groups on Wednesday. The grants were included in more than $6 million in similar grants to groups in the Pacific Northwest.
Alaska recipients include:
• Sealaska, $200,000 to help build the new Walter Soboleff Center in Juneau.
• Koahnic Broadcast Corporation, $50,000 to help produce the Anchorage public radio station's "EarthSongs" program.
• Perseverance Theatre, $50,000 to support the planning phase for the proposed Willoughby Arts Complex in Juneau.
• Alaska Native Heritage Center (Anchorage), $150,000 to fund development projects.
• Bunnell Street AZrts Center, $15,000 to support the Homer gallery's 2014 Visual Art Exhibition program.
By MIKE DUNHAM