UAA today released its schedule for next season.
* UAA will play Maine of Hockey East and Wisconsin of the Big Ten in UAA's Kendall Hockey Classic to open the season.
* At UAF's Brice Alaska Goal Rush the following weekend in Fairbanks, UAA will play Penn State of the Big Ten (that club includes winger Casey Bailey of Anchorage and former UAA center Eric Scheid) and Air Force of Atlantic Hockey.
* UAA's WCHA schedule includes four games each (home and home, obviously) against Ferris State, Michigan Tech, Bemidji State, Northern Michigan and, of course, UAF (the UAF games double as Governor's Cup games). UAA will play two league games each against Lake Superior State (home games for UAA), Alabama-Huntsville (road), Minnesota State-Mankato (road) and Bowling Green (home).
* UAA will play a non-conference series at Maine, where Seawolves coach Matt Thomas was an assistant coach long ago.
* UAA finishes the season with four straight home games, vs. Bowling Green, then vs. UAF to wrap the Governor's Cup and the regular season.
* UAA will play 10 games (8 of them league games) in the Eastern time zone, a lovely four times zones from home. The Blog appreciates this -- great break on deadlines. The players maybe not so much -- those be long trips.
* UAA will have one idle weekend in each half of the season. One is during Thanksgiving week, which will allow the players to watch the Great Alaska Shootout live. The other idle weekend comes in January, after playing at UAF and before traveling to Marquette, Mich., (four time zones away) to play Northern Michigan.
* The schedule has one massive gap between home games. After entertaining Ferris State on Jan. 10, 2015, the Seawolves do not play on home ice again until they entertain Michigan Tech on Feb. 13, 2015.
To see the full schedule, click here.
By DOYLE WOODY, adn.com