In August, NPR's Mountain Stage Radio Show recorded live performances at the University of Alaska Fairbanks Summer Sessions event. This weekend, public radio stations across the country will broadcast the first of the two show recorded on UAF's campus, for listeners' enjoyment.
Here is a list of stations and times, especially for Alaskans wishing to catch the first broadcast:
- Sitka (KCAW-FM 104.7) - Sunday at 12 a.m.
- Wrangell (KSTK-FM 101.7) - Sunday at 12 a.m.
- Barrow (KBRW-FM 91.9) - Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Anchorage (KSKA-FM 91.1) - Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Kodiak (KMXT-FM 100.1) - Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Dillingham (KDLG-FM 89.9) - Sunday at 6 p.m.
- Petersburg (KFSK-FM 100.9) - Sunday at 6 p.m.
- Kenai (KDLL-FM 91.9) - Sunday at 7 p.m.
- McGrath (KSKO-AM 870) - Monday at 1 a.m.
Mountain Stage Radio Show is a West Virginia-based live performance program -- ort of -- in the same vain as "A Prairie Home Companion" and "Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me." Each week the show features a two-hour live performance, previously recorded on location in various states, and in front of a live audience.
Over the years, the show has featured a vast array of musical talent, including everything from mainstream music like Nora Jones and R.E.M., to up and coming bands like Of Monsters and Men and Tristen.
This week's Alaska-centric lineup includes:
Next week's lineup, which can be heard at the same times and stations listed above, is as follows:
Contact Katie Medred at katie(at)alaskadispatch.com