Do you and or family members have plans to fly in or out of Alaska this holiday season? If the answer is yes, Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport has some advice that might make the trip a little more enjoyable, or a little less stressful, depending on which way you choose to look at it:
- Check Flight Status – Before you leave for the airport, check flight status or sign up for flight alerts.
- Show up early! It is recommended that you arrive at the airport two hours prior to scheduled departure. The airport has several restaurants, shops, and art displays that you can enjoy after passing through security screening.
- Wrap Gifts After You Arrive – Do not wrap gifts and packages as items may need to be unwrapped for screening. Become familiar with the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) advice on traveling with food or gifts.
- Be Prepared for Security Procedures – The TSA has specific rules for carrying liquids and gels in carry-on luggage, in addition to procedures related to electronics. Become familiar with their procedures and prohibited items by checking the TSA website.
- Free Cell Phone Lot – If you’re picking up passengers at ANC a convenient place to wait for arriving flights is the cell phone lot located two minutes away from the South Terminal. (Directions to Lot)
Which is all fine and dandy if you or your loved ones are flying, but what if no one even has tickets yet?
How does a cheap flight to Hawaii sound? For a set of hot holiday ticket deals, check out the Travel Guru's latest slate of airfare specials, here.