Miss a week? Here's a collection of Alaska Dispatch's best stories, videos and photo galleries from the third week in August. From massive, flaming tornadoes and angry mama moose, to accidental privacy violations and efforts to stop impaired driving. There's something for everyone, just like the Alaska State Fair in Palmer, which began Thursday.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: Aug. 18-24, 2013
August 23, 2013
- 1 This Weekend special edition: The 2013 Alaska State Fair
- 2 A summer when Alaskans got to wear T-shirts and shorts on ice glaciers, comfortably
- 3 Photos: 1 year later, is Anchorage still the country's least fashionable city?
- 4 Is Alaska Moose Federation abiding by its state permit?
- 5 Email accident violates privacy of thousands of Hope Community clients
- 6 Recent tragedies cast long shadow on efforts to curtail impaired driving
- 7 Re-examining Alaska domestic violence crime and punishment
- 8 Photos: Pyro clouds whisk flames and soot of Alaska wildfire high into sky
- 9 Photos: Another kind of downhill at Alyeska Resort's bike park
- 10 Alaska aviators: Is that a drone in your airspace?