Winter endurance training, Alaska Republican in-fighting, Wayne Anthony Ross and Yukon Quest: Here's a look at the biggest, boldest and most popular stories from Alaska Dispatch for the week of February 2-8, 2012.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: Feb. 2-8
February 8, 2013
- 1 Wayne Anthony Ross's new memoir, fun read despite rough edges
- 2 An uphill endurance test for Army bragging rights
- 3 For sale: Half-built 'Igloo City' (plus gift shop)
- 4 'Alaska Pickers' scour the state for long-lost treasures
- 5 State: Pipeline boom-era law shields Shell Oil from Kulluk property tax
- 6 How tough are conflict-of-interest rules on Alaska lawmakers?
- 7 US late to Arctic resources race but Canadians offer an assist
- 8 Struggling with just 7 dogs, Mackey pulls out of Yukon Quest
- 9 Mythbusting 'the place where two oceans meet' in the Gulf of Alaska
- 10 Stern warning for Alaska lawmakers about ballooning health-care costs