Stories that mattered in Alaska this week: Gov. Parnell announces another deadline is met in his quest for a gasline, a look at the Alaska GOP's infighting, a new exhibit that "finally tells the story of Alaska aviation" and a school janitor puts a face on school district cutbacks.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: Feb. 9-15
February 16, 2013
- 1 Is latest Alaska gasline commitment another dog-and-pony show?
- 2 When a sled dog dies, should its musher be allowed to continue?
- 3 Alaska's aviation story finally told in 'Arctic Flight' exhibit
- 4 School budgets minus janitors = bloody mess
- 5 Alaska GOP's big tent: Too big, or too big to fail?
- 6 Iceland airline's 'over the top' flights will connect Alaska to Europe
- 7 Add Fat Tire bike races to Talkeetna's winter calendar of only-in-Alaska events
- 8 Will crusty outdoors tale like 'Big Red' resonate with kids today?