News from the 49th state: Alaska Senate greenlights the governor's oil tax cut, bureaucrats say Kikkan Randall isn't Alaskan enough for a PFD, the northern lights bedazzle the sky and an Iditarod dog death causes a kerfuffle.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: March 16-22
March 22, 2013
- 1 Alaska Senate votes to slash taxes on North Slope oil producers
- 2 Alaska's PFD bureaucracy misreading Olympic waiver?
- 3 Meet Kali the Alaska Zoo's littlest polar bear
- 4 Violence Against Women Act: The great divide for Alaska tribes
- 5 Miller warns Alaska Libertarians of civil war, still deciding Senate run
- 6 Timelapse video of Alaska's northern lights
- 7 Unanticipated adventures flying home from Iditarod Trail
- 8 Though short on specifics, Iditarod vows to improve dog-holding areas
- 9 Need a winter break? Visit Homer before summer's hustle and bustle.
- 10 Alaska oil tax debate ignores the North Slope processing bottleneck