From news that Seattle's homeless -- not Alaska's homeless -- get to feast on king salmon bycatch to growing outrage over oil company-lawmakers' conflicts of interest, here are some of Alaska Dispatch's best stories and photo slideshows of the week.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: March 30-April 5
April 5, 2013
- 1 Storied rescue pilot among those killed in Alaska Trooper helicopter crash
- 2 Why do Seattle's homeless get to feast on Alaska's king salmon bycatch?
- 3 The Concerned: Reward Conoco lawmakers for saving Alaska
- 4 Why can Alaska lawmakers vote with conflicts of interest?
- 5 Less is more as former Senate candidate Scott McAdams sheds 100 pounds
- 6 Photos: Anchorage Opera's Pirates of Penzance
- 7 Breaking down boundaries by presenting 'King Lear' in Gwich'in
- 8 Booming stock market helps Permanent Fund hit $45.5 billion
- 9 Incensed Alaska reps: Kawasaki's tongue display stunk
- 10 Free television in rural Alaska will go dark without $5.3 million upgrade