Stories that mattered: Experience versus athleticism on the Iditarod Trail, deadly plane crashes in winter superstorms, Red Scares in the Alaska Legislature and much more.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: March 9-15
March 15, 2013
- 1 Best of Iditarod 2013 photos and videos
- 2 Mini Red Scare threatens Alaska's film tax credit program
- 3 Exorcising Iditarod Trail demons through Kaltag Portage
- 4 Who’s tougher: Alaska’s Dick Griffith or Canada’s Samuel Hearne?
- 5 Where did that plane really crash? And why not tell the truth?
- 6 Forget Seavey vs. Zirkle: Iditarod comes down to Quito vs. Tanner, lead dogs supreme
- 7 Comet Pan-STARRS graces the sky in Anchorage, Alaska
- 8 How will the sequester affect Alaska?
- 9 Iditarod 2013 - Wet wakeup call along warm trail
- 10 2 pilots dead in Alaska cargo plane crash
- 11 Iditarod dog died after being buried in windblown snow, race officials say