If you missed a day with Alaska Dispatch this week, you may have missed big stories, from the Cook Inlet oil fields to the never-boring Legislative races to Dawn-slicked polar bears, to name just a few. Read on for more.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: Oct. 27-Nov. 2
November 2, 2012
- 1 Much remains beyond state's control when managing Alaska king salmon
- 2 Study: Dish soap may be liquid magic for oil-coated polar bears
- 3 Senate candidate shows trophy horns purchased after musk ox hunt
- 4 In book, Senate candidate Bob Bell divulges other hunting violations
- 5 Ash from century-old Novarupta volcanic eruption sweeps over Kodiak Island
- 6 Akutan, Alaska's troubled Air service resumes at expensive new Aleutian Islands airport
- 7 India-born Republican for Alaska House has high-tech focus
- 8 Alaska Senate races draw more than quarter-million in final weeks
- 9 Southcentral Alaska may have to import natural gas to heat and power homes
- 10 Vic Kohring: Positive mental attitude lifts this 'phoenix'