Fur Rondy events for Thursday
The Fur Rendezvous (Fur Rondy) Festival has been a long standing winter tradition in Anchorage and one of the city's biggest annual events. It was established over 70 years ago as a sort of swap meet for fur traders in the region. Rondy has since evolved into a city wide winter festival returning every February to help ushers in the beginning of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
Here's a list of all the official Fur Rondy events taking place around Anchorage on Thursday, Feb. 28:
- Amateur Photo Contest open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at The Mall at Sears
- The Charlotte Jensen Native Arts Market: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Dimond Center
- GCI Snow Sculpture Competition: at 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Ship Creek Ave, across from Comfort Inn
- Rondy Carnival: grounds open from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. (3rd Ave. and E St.)
- World Championship Outdoor Adult Hockey Tournament: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Delaney Parkstrip & Mulcahy Ice Complex
- Alaska Aces Game (vs. Bakersfield Condors) at 7:15 p.m. at the Sullivan Arena
- Rondy Melodrama "Turnagain Temptations," 8 p.m. at the Snow Goose Theater
For more information including prices, locations, specifics, etc. visit the Fur Rondy website or Fur Rondy HQ at 400 D Street Ste. 110 Anchorage, Alaska 99501.