African Drumming Workshop
In this workshop we will explore names, meanings and origins of songs and their cultural roles in daily life of African descendant peoples. Beginning students will gain rudimentary understanding of primary drumming techniques while more seasoned drummers will gain proficiency in timing and explore more involved rhythms.
What you will Gain from this Progressive Course:
· Learn about different types of drums, how to hold and touch them
· Learn how to produce different tones of the drum
· Learn a vocal language to guide your understanding of rhythm
· Coordination exercises to drum more smoothly, rapidly and powerfully
· Knowledge of distinct rhythms from Guinea, Nigeria, Congo, Caribbean, Brazil and Cuba
All Are Welcome. No experience necessary.