And the "Golden Oosikar" goes to:
- "Lad: A Yorkshire Story," directed by Dan Hartley, for best feature film.
- "Roadmap to Apartheid," directed by Ana Nogueira, for best documentary.
- "Lapse," directed by Gilles Gueraz, for best short film.
- "Her Next Door," directed by Sasha Ransome, for best super short film.
- "Paths of Hate," directed by Damian Nenow, for best animation.
The Snowdance winners are:
- "Rousseau's Children," directed by Monika Scharer, for best Snowdance documentary.
- "I Met Her in the Coffee Shop," directed by Erik Hogan, for best Snowdance short film.
AIFF's Audience Choice winners are:
"Espacios Inacabados (Unfinished Spaces)," directed by Alysa Nahmias and Benjamin Murray, for best documentary and "Passionflower," directed by Shelagh Carter, for best feature film.
As part of the Best of Fest program, both "Passionflower" and "Espacios Incabados" will screen tonight at Alaska Experience Theater in downtown Anchorage. Tomorrow Alaska Experience will feature the Snowdance winners, the Golden Oosikar winner "Lapse" and popular demand favorite "Liars, Fires and Bears." (Read more for times and schedules.)
Read more and check out the runner ups and honorable mentions.