From Anchorage Assembly chambers to the inaugural Arctic Circle conference in Reykjavik, Iceland, here are a few big news stories Alaska Dispatch covered this week.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: Oct. 13-19, 2013
October 19, 2013
- 1 Alaska's two Dan Sullivans face name-recognition challenge in quest for office
- 2 Photos: Arctic Circle conference in Reykjavik
- 3 Task force presents solutions to public comment gridlock at Anchorage Assembly
- 4 Alaska tobacco prevention program touts major success, but sees quiet funding cuts
- 5 Alaskan authors have several books on schedule for the coming months
- 6 To make a better Alaska, don't act like 'Mr. Bicycle'
- 7 Stuck atop an Alaska mountain in a helicopter with ice-encrusted rotor blades
- 8 Suffering exposed: Alaska's women speak up about violence, abuse
- 9 Climate change concerns loom at Arctic conference
- 10 Greenpeace leader uses Arctic conference to spotlight imprisoned activists
- 11 Howard 'Mike' Hunt: Life of a bush pilot, in his own words
- 12 Top 10 ways to celebrate Alaska Day