It was a week of hard-hitting and sometimes-emotional news in Alaska: shining light on a secret healthcare document withheld from the public by the Parnell administration, experiencing tragedy anew for those affected by the 2011 Soteria House psychiatric treatment facility murder in Anchorage and recognizing Alaska's aviation legends.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2013
November 2, 2013
- 1 Challenges no barrier for Anchorage 'off-grid' homebuilders
- 2 State: Medicaid report isn't an Alaska 'public record'
- 3 Schizophrenic sentenced to 60 years for clinic murder
- 4 VIDEO: Yup'ik elder shares Alaska's supernatural secrets
- 5 Photos: Anchorage's restaurant scene booming
- 6 Series: A new class of Alaska Aviation Legends
- 7 Cold War thaw began with a 'friendship flight' over Bering Strait
- 8 Are new tennis courts more pressing than Anchorage ice arena repairs?
- 9 Anchorage graffiti artist resurfaces with First Friday exhibition
- 10 Supreme Court decides bears are unnatural in Utah