From the booming business of serving Alaska's doomsday preppers to reaction to Gov. Sean Parnell's refusal to expand Medicaid under the federal health care law, here are some of Alaska Dispatch's best stories of the week.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: Nov. 10-16
November 16, 2013
- 1 Chorus of disappointment over Alaska Medicaid rejection
- 2 'Alaskan Women Looking for Love' stretches 'reality' TV to limits
- 3 Report blames state justice system for lack of public safety in rural Alaska
- 4 'Pupil + Paper' design competition showcases young Alaskan imagination
- 5 Victim: Wasilla 'black widow' grandma coerced her children into surrogacy
- 6 Marketing doomsday: Business booms for Alaska's reluctant 'preppers'
- 7 Independent power producers air grievances at legislative roundtable
- 8 Who's behind websites aiming to confound Alaska enrollment in Healthcare.gov?
- 9 Bears still roaming Anchorage neighborhoods midway through November
- 10 Norwegian company looks to Alaska for Arctic shipping stopover port
- 11 Chiropractor linked to Chena Ridge bomb blast challenges search warrant
- 12 Ex-commissioner calls for Alaska energy mega-projects analysis, and 'call bluff' on North Slope gasline
- 13 $100,000 tennis grant if Anchorage builds indoor courts