March came in like a lion -- and went out like a lion, as far as Alaska news is concerned. From a troubling murder trial to a new Palin reality show to a good old fashioned Don Young tongue-lashing, here's a look at some of Alaska Dispatch's top stories for the week of March 30.
Alaska Dispatch's Best of the Week: March 30-April 5
April 5, 2014
- 1 100-mile backcountry ride on a unicycle? No problem.
- 2 When Cabela's rocks the Anchorage outdoor retail scene, will smaller stores survive?
- 3 Young blasts Interior secretary over King Cove road
- 4 Facing fiery opposition, Alaska Senate kills controversial HB77
- 5 'Amazing America' recap: Amazingly American, surprisingly enjoyable
- 6 Alaska's real life 'Bones' scientist puzzles out violence in ancient societies
- 7 Photos: Would Strauss recognize his opera reset in Alaska with drunks, strippers and Palin?
- 8 Local Anchorage elections often see skimpy turnout, despite their close-to-home importance
- 9 Innovative idea could lead to Alaska's first breast milk bank
- 10 Kodiak Coast Guard officer recounts finding dead bodies of his coworkers