A family of 11 was displaced when a fire burned through the floor of a mobile home in Chugiak late Thursday night, fire officials said.
The fire was reported at 10:23 p.m. on the 22000 block of Dogsled Court in Chugiak, behind the post office near the Glenn Highway. Chugiak volunteer firefighters who responded found that a fire had started underneath the home and burned through the floor in a bedroom, said Virginia McMichael, chief of the volunteer fire department.
Firefighters entered the mobile home and made holes in the floor to prevent the fire spreading to other areas, McMichael said.
"Other than that, there's little damage to the interior," she said. She said there didn't appear to be much personal property lost, and the fire may have been caused by an electrical issue.
No one was injured. The family, two adults and nine children, is being helped by the Red Cross, McMichael said.
Reach Devin Kelly at email@example.com  or 257-4314.
By DEVIN KELLY