CHOOSE A RELIABLE SNOW REMOVAL CONTRACTOR
Anchorage, Alaska – Jan. 24, 2013 – There are many months of winter ahead. Better Business Bureau urges Alaskans to consider the many factors that play into hiring a trustworthy snow removal company.
· Start with trust. Browse BBB’s Accredited Snow Removal Contractors  for properly licensed and insured businesses; many offer online quotes.
· Consider fixed-price options. Some snow removal companies offer different tiers of service which are priced for the entire season, regardless of the amount of snow. However, there may be additional charges when snow reaches a certain depth or when services are required on holidays.
· Get several estimates. Prices can vary widely and are typically based on the layout of the property, the size of the area to be cleared, and whether or not additional hand shoveling is required.
· Understand the details. Carefully read the fine print on any contracts before signing: Are walkways and steps included? Is the cost of sand or salt included? How quickly will the business respond after a snowfall? Are there additional charges if the contractor has to return?
· Obtain a written agreement. The possibility of property damage should be clearly outlined in writing; verbal promises are not binding.
· Maintain reasonable expectations. Arctic conditions can make it difficult for everyone to travel to work, including snow plowers.
Remember, the least expensive service is not always the best; choose quality and reliability over price.
BBB press release