There were 86 people with COVID-19, including 10 people on a ventilator, hospitalized in Alaska as of Wednesday, according to the state health department.
Here are other highlights from this week’s updated COVID-19 data from the Alaska Department of Health:
• The hospitalizations reported Wednesday were up significantly from the previous week, when 65 people were hospitalized with the virus.
• The state health department reported no new COVID-19 deaths.
• In Alaska, 2,103 new cases were reported over a seven-day period, a decrease from 2,553 cases reported last week. That data doesn’t include at-home tests, which have become increasingly popular but don’t get reported.
• Alaska’s seven-day case rate per 100,000 now ranks 5th-highest among U.S. states, according to a CDC tracker.
• Statewide, 67.7% of Alaskans six months and older had received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.