Skip to main Content

Electrical apprentice dies after shock and fall at work site

  • Author: Casey Grove
  • Updated: September 29, 2016
  • Published June 21, 2011

An Anchorage electrical worker died after she was shocked late Monday while working in Midtown, police said.

Raven Electric employee Abigail Caudle, 26, was at a job site in the 4000 block of Credit Union Drive about 11:30 p.m. when the accident occurred, police spokesman Lt. Dave Parker said.

"She fell when she got shocked, about nine feet," Parker said.

Caudle was an apprentice electrician working with two journeymen on an electrical remodel, said Don Lederhos, president of Raven Electric.

Lederhos declined to comment in detail about what happened and said it's unclear exactly what killed Caudle.

"We really don't know, and basically, yes, there was an accident and at this time the accident is under investigation," he said.

Caudle's mother, Marianne Burke, said her daughter had worked for Raven Electric between six months and a year. Caudle was also a volunteer at ChangePoint church, Burke said.

Reach Casey Grove at casey.grove@adn.com or 257-4589.

By CASEY GROVE

casey.grove@adn.com

Local news matters.

Support independent, local journalism in Alaska.

Comments