Skip to main Content

North Pole man faces charges alleging series of threatening messages and vandalism

  • Author: Jerzy Shedlock
  • Updated: December 2, 2017
  • Published January 12, 2017

A 30-year-old North Pole man faces stalking and coercion charges for allegedly sending threatening messages and vandalizing property connected to a woman he'd worked with at Wendy's.

Peyton Jeff Turner sent threatening messages to the woman, her boyfriend and her ex-boyfriend over Facebook and Instagram and set up Craiglist ads inviting men to meet with her at her address, according to a charging document.

Turner repeatedly pleaded for a night alone with the woman, according to the charges.

"(S)tay over for one night. Then I will leave you two alone forever," the charges say.

The woman told Alaska State Troopers that she and Turner had never been in a dating or sexual relationship. They worked together at the Wendy's in North Pole, and she quit the job and moved to Fairbanks to get away from Turner and his sexual advances, the charges say.

Turner's alleged harassment started Jan. 4. Someone threw an object through the upstairs bedroom window of the woman's boyfriend's home, according to the charges. Several hours later, the boyfriend found his car with its hood up and several engine components broken.

That same day the woman received a message saying, "This is your last chance," the charges say.

The charging document outlines continuing threats and vandalism over three days. On Saturday, the woman got an Instagram invite with a message stating she'd be left alone in exchange for sex. Another message later in the evening was much more menacing: "Accidents happen everyday. Electrical fire, furnace is catching on fire, gas leaks," the charges say.

The woman and three others filed protective orders against Turner on Saturday. The boyfriend told investigators the continued harassment increasingly made him fear for his safety and property.

Turner asked the boyfriend over Facebook to let him speak with the woman, so troopers set up a monitored chat between them, according to the charges.

During the 23-minute conversation, Turner "made several statements that incriminated himself to include more threats toward (the woman) and her friends."

"(Turner) stated, 'I can't control myself because I have no emotional feelings. I am darkness,' " the charges say. Turner allegedly admitted to sending the threatening messages and the vandalism during their talk.

The woman rejected Turner's request of "one night alone," and Turner started the threats once again, according to the charges.

Online court records show Turner made an initial court appearance at the Fairbanks Courthouse Monday afternoon. An inmate tracker says he's jailed at the local prison.