All five battalions constituting the 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division bid farewell to their commanders and welcomed new leaders during a change of command ceremony at Pershing Field on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson on Thursday.
• Lt. Col. Matthew Myer relinquished command of the 1st Battalion (Airborne), 501st Infantry Regiment to Lt. Col. Todd Tompkins.
• Lt. Col. Adam Barlow relinquished command of the 3rd Battalion (Airborne), 509th Infantry Regiment to Lt. Col. David Nelson.
• Lt. Col. Joshua Gaspard relinquished command of the 1st Squadron (Airborne), 40th Cavalry Regiment to Lt. Col. John Campbell.
• Lt. Col. Tobias Bennett relinquished command of the 2nd Battalion, 377th Parachute Field Artillery Regiment to Lt. Col. Dustin Blair.
• Lt. Col. Jason Buursma relinquished command of the 6th Engineer Battalion (Airborne) to Lt. Col. Justin Pritchard.
[Because of a high volume of comments requiring moderation, we are temporarily disabling comments on many of our articles so editors can focus on the coronavirus crisis and other coverage. We invite you to write a letter to the editor or reach out directly if you’d like to communicate with us about a particular article. Thanks.]