Thanks for being part of the Anchorage Daily News commenting community. We value comments, feedback and interaction with our readers. Our goal is a robust, civil discussion and a space where users can post comments and interact with one another without harassment or name-calling. ADN uses the Talk commenting platform from The Coral Project.
- Avoid personal insults, harassment and abuse. We will not tolerate attacks based on one’s racal origin, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
- Focus on issues, not individuals. Name-calling and personal attacks are not allowed.
- We encourage commenters to use their real names.
- We encourage readers with firsthand knowledge of subjects in articles to contribute their perspective and the join the conversation.
- Posting for the sole purpose of trolling or disrupting the community is not permitted. Such posts will be deleted. Creating multiple user names for this purpose is not permitted.
- We encourage users to report bad behavior using the “report” feature.
- We may feature comments elsewhere on our site or in the print Anchorage Daily News.
- Some comment streams may be pre-moderated, in which case comments won’t post immediately.
- We will remove commercial posts and spam (including posting the same comment on multiple articles).
- We may disable comments on some articles.
- Comment threads generally will be open for three days from the time of an article’s publication, then closed.
- Users agree not to post content that infringes upon or violates copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights; is libelous or defamatory; is untrue, inaccurate or deliberately misleading; is obscene or vulgar; impersonates someone else or misrepresents their identity; violates a person’s right to privacy; advocates violent acts; or promotes any activity that may be found illegal at the local, state or federal level.
- Users are fully responsible for their comments.
- ADN reserves the right to remove any comment for any reason. The ADN may ban or block individuals who break commenting rules. ADN does not endorse or verify the validity of, nor does it accept responsibility for, information or commentary posted by site users.
Thanks for commenting. Send feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.