This report has been updated with a new story.
Officials in Hawaii mistakenly sent out an alert Saturday morning saying there was a ballistic missile threat. The alert went out via text alerts to mobile phones saying there was a threat "inbound to Hawaii" and for residents to seek shelter and that "this is not a drill." according to local media.
The U.S. military's Pacific command said there was no ballistic missile threat. A spokesman for the command said it "detected no ballistic missile threat to Hawaii" and that the message warning had been sent in error, Reuters reported.
Hawaii U.S. Rep Tulsi Gabbard tweeted that it was a false alarm.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.