As mushers and their huskies head for Nome in the 2018 Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, let's meet some of the contenders.
Over the past few days, we asked Iditarod mushers to take a selfie with one of their dogs. Here are 16 of those pics. (Brace yourself, they're pretty adorable.)
To check out the rest of the our Iditarod coverage, click here.
1. Canadian musher Bradley Farquhar and Jerry, the kissing sled dog
2. Peter Fleck, of Canada, and Amp
3. Jessie Holmes, of Nenana, and Emmett, the sled dog that we are pretty sure hates selfies
4. Hugh Neff, of Tok, and Lester
5. Aaron Peck, of Canada, and Skip
6. Ketil Reitan, of Kaktovik, with Wiseman
7. Andrew Nolan, of Wasilla, and Lucious
8. Marcelle Fressineau, of Canada, and Morrison
9. Michi Konno, who lives in Willow, gives his sled dog, Raptor, a kiss
10. Canadian musher Michelle Phillips takes a selfie with Kale
11. Alan Eischens, of Wasilla, and Remedy
12. Ramey Smyth, of Willow, and Squirrel
13. Richie Diehl, of Aniak, and 7-year-old Merlin
14. Noah Pereira, from Brockport, New York, and Blair
15. Jim Lanier, of Chugiak, and Lizzie the sled dog
Want to learn more about 77-year-old Jim Lanier, the oldest musher in this year's Iditarod? Check out this story.
16. Matthew Failor, who lives in Willow, and Hellhound
Matthew Failor took this selfie after talking to the Anchorage Daily Newsabout how he packs his sled for the Iditarod. Watch the video here.