Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is out of a job at Fox News, freeing the host of "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren" to begin rehab from the long and exhaustive task of lobbing softballs.
So the question is, as Van Susteren recovers, what will Mrs. Palin do?
The possibilities are endless. Which of these do you think she'll pick?
- Sign on as the official cheerleader for the Palin-Davis Iron Dog snowmachine racing team?
- Challenge Democrat Mark Begich for a Senate seat to which she always believed former Gov. Frank Murkowski should have appointed her?
- Get the in-laws, the outlaws, the children, the ex-wives, the ex-boyfriends, the sycophants and some random Alaska riff-raff together for a new reality show: The Palins of Alaska?
- Take all that cash from Fox, the best-selling books, and the super-duper-super PAC and use it to finance a cable TV channel -- ARN, the Alaska Reality Network: All Alaska all the time?
- Disappear into the wilderness on a camping trip with Kate Gosselin and all their kids and grandkids?
- Replace Rush Limbaugh's ugly mug with a pretty face on the EIB Network?
- Move to Arizona and spend her time working on the tan, sans any need for a tanning bed?
- Open a new online business selling "word salad?"
- Enter the Mrs. America Pageant in an effort to claim the crown that escaped her in her younger days?
- Finally go on that Levi Johnston hunt?
The views expressed here are those of the contributor. Alaska Dispatch welcomes a broad range of viewpoints. Contact Craig Medred at craig(at)alaskadispatch.com